V-Ray 3.6 for SketchUp is now shipping!
There are two Licensing options with V-Ray 3.0 for SketchUp:
- USB Hardware Lock (Dongle)
- On-Line Licensing
On-Line Licensing requires a constant internet connection (more details at the bottom of this page). If a USB Hardware Lock is preferred that is a separate purchase at an additional £22 plus VAT.
V-Ray 3.6 for SketchUp has been completely overhauled and improved to make it the most capable and effective renderer available for SketchUp. V-Ray is used by visualising professionals worldwide and is the leading rendering solution for other platforms such as 3DS Max, Maya and Rhino. Now the full power of V-Ray is available for SketchUp.
At the heart of V-Ray is an extremely efficient multicore ray-tracing engine. V-Ray has been optimised specifically for ray tracing, allowing users to create complex shading, area shadows, camera effects and GI with unprecedented speed and accuracy.
The new features of V-Ray 3.6 for SketchUp include:
- New UI - Introducing a redesigned, designer-friendly user interface for faster workflows
- Material library - Select from over 200 drag and drop materials to speed up your next project
- V-Ray Swarm - Introducing a powerful, scalable distributed rendering system that's simple and fast
- Denoiser - Automatically remove noise and cut render times by up to 50%
- One-click VR - Render VR-ready content for popular virtual reality headsets
- Section cuts - Easily create quick cutaways and section renders with V-Ray Clipper
- Aerial perspective - Quickly add realistic atmospheric depth and haze
- Grass - Create realistic grass, fabrics, and carpet with V-Ray Fur
With the release of V-Ray 3 for SketchUp, there is now an online licensing option. With online licensing there is no wait to receive a physical dongle, and licenses can be activated in real-time once an order is processed. Online licensing is fast and secure, and you will be able to access your new software much faster – without the back and forth of WBC and RTU files. For online licensing to work you need to have constant internet access or else V-Ray will not function.
Educational License: To confirm that you fulfil the Educational license requirement we require proof of your Educational status. You will be given details on how to supply this when you place your order.